Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday! Part 2

The rest of my birthday day was largely uneventful. After all, a birthday can only be so exciting if you have to work. John and I discovered a cute neighborhood bar in La Jolla. On Friday, T arrived from New York, and we spent the rest of the weekend exploring San Diego and La Jolla. My going-out budget is now shot all to hell, thanks to T, but John's entering a month-long crunch period at work, so I don't think I'll be going out too much anyway.

She was staying at La Valencia, which has the greatest seafood brunch ever. We ate our weight in fresh oysters, drank unlimited champagne, and looked out at the ocean. I've decided that if John and I ever have a really big fight, I'm going there for the night. We spent an afternoon at the zoo, and discovered an actual adult sit-down restaurant hidden away within the zoo. Saturday night John and I hosted our first party; not many people, but aren't those the best? When you can sit and eat and drink with people, and actually talk with them?

No comments: