Thursday, March 1, 2012

A new job?

On Monday, I took the train up to Boston to interview for a new job--an additional job, I should say. At Boston's top restaurant (well, New England's top restaurant); this place has a national reputation, a famous chef, a tasting menu, the works. I was invited back tonight for a working interview. If I get offered the job, I'm hoping to pick up some additional shifts there, while continuing to work here in Providence, at least for a bit. I'll make more money (enough to make the commute to Boston worth it), and I'll get the experience and exposure of working in a place with a national reputation. If my husband is going to be working all the time for the next few months, I might as well work all the time, too.

After the interview, I went out drinking with a new friend, and got, well, drunk. Good thing I was taking the train home. But it was good to be able to have girl time and blow off steam like that; it had been a while. We went to Drink, Boston's hot new cocktail spot, where I discovered they make their own ginger beer and had a Dark n' Stormy that blew my mind.

No comments: