Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First dinner party in the new apartment

I had Saturday night off for the first time in months, so I decided to celebrate by throwing a long-overdue housewarming dinner party. It was a lot of fun; we had good food, good wine, and good conversation. I got a crazy bottle of wine from work for everyone to share. Then I had to work a double the next day, and I was very tired and hungover, but it was still worth it.

The new job is hard, and tiring, but also worth it. Once I get fully up to speed, it's going to be a lot of fun (although a lot of effort to get from here to fully up to speed). The hours are much longer, and because of the commute, I don't get home until usually around 1 AM. As of next Friday, I won't be temping at the law office anymore; it's too hard to get home at 1:30 in the morning and then be somewhere by 9 AM the same morning.

Otherwise, there's not much to report. I work all the time, DH works all the time, I'm not pregnant, I read a lot of wine books, the end. I'm listening to books on tape because of the commute, so if anyone has any to recommend, please let me know.

Also, my new nephew is going to be born any day now!

No comments: