Thursday, July 9, 2009

Side rant about California drivers, two-lane roads, and slow people

Public Service Announcement: If your vehicle is incapable of either reaching or maintaining the posted speed limit on a two-lane road, GET OFF THE DAMN ROAD. Thank you.

The following should never, ever be allowed on any two-lane road, especially a two-lane mountain road:
1. Any vehicle towing anything, especially boats.
2. Semis.
3. RVs.
4. SUVs.
5. Old people.
6. Minivans will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

California drivers are the worst. Even worse than Florida, and Florida is full of old people. I've never in my life seen a group of drivers more committed to driving in the left lane, or to being so afraid of a curvy road. Apparently in California, if the posted speed limit on a curvy road is 55, and then a sign warns you that 35 is the safest speed with which to approach the upcoming curve...then apparently the speed limit has just changed to 35 for the ENTIRE road, not just that particular curve. Now, I like driving over curvy mountain roads--provided there are not a bunch of nimrods clogging up the works. I even like driving mountain roads in a rental P.O.S., though I'm sure I would enjoy it a lot more in a BMW Z4. However. My road rage worked itself into a full frothy raging frenzy today, for obvious reasons. I'm really glad the next few days will be solely on interstates.

No comments: