Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Louisville, KY

Yesterday was quite the trip down memory lane. I used to live in Louisville, 900 years ago, and so it was a little trippy seeing how much things had changed--and how much hadn't. I drove past my old apartments and shuddered a little (they hadn't changed at all) and drove up and down Bardstown Road looking at all the changes there. I met up with an old friend and we had dinner at Proof on Main. I've changed, too, in the intervening ten years, which is perhaps the biggest one of all.

All that thinking about my life then vs. my life now finally kickstarted my brain into thinking about the upcoming move to California. I haven't really been able to process it, simply because it's brainpower enough to think one or two days ahead when you're on the road. But now, since I'll be done with the road trip this weekend, I can devote that brainpower to thinking about the logistics of the move. It's a little scary--no, scratch that, it's a LOT scary. It all has to happen quickly, I have very, very little money, and somewhere in the middle of next month I have to go to Ohio to hang out with John and his parents there. That said, the move feels right to me. I said I'd never move for love again, but this is a move for my own reasons, under my own steam, in which I'll get my own apartment and my own life first.

Still. There's no room for error on this one.

No comments: