Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bacon sushi

Last night I had a dream about bacon sushi. Bear with me here--it was cooked bacon, wrapped inside some sort of firm, strong fish like tuna or mackerel, served with that bourbon-aged soy sauce I have. Doesn't that sound amazing?

I also broke down and finally bought a decent knife. The ones I have are servicable, barely, but wholly inadequate for cutting raw meat. I discovered this yesterday as I was hacking at several pounds of pork belly with kitchen shears, because none of my knives were up to the task. Boo. So I bought the Shun 8" chef's knife, the one with the curved handle, and I'm really nerdily happy about it. Of course it will be strictly off-limits to anyone but me.

1 comment:

KeylimeSteve said...

Your comment about your knives reminds me of something an old feller once offered me... there's only one thing worse than not having a knife when you need one, and that would be having one thats dull.