Sunday, April 26, 2009

Readings = success

I had the reading of my two latest plays yesterday, and I think it can officially be called a success. The actors were great, and I got a lot of great commentary from the audience. I took a lot of notes, and will be working on both of them further.

The reading wasn't nearly as nerve-wracking as I'd suspected. Everyone had a good time, no one thought they were big sensationalist pieces of crap (my secret fear), and it was fine hearing the plays out loud and then listening to comments afterward. I've been puttering around with a third play, so perhaps this coming week--especially while I'm bored at home--I can get some good rewrites in.

A side note: the old-school Italian bakery down the block sells lard bread (yes, made with lard, and studded with pieces of ham) which was the hit of the evening. I really must learn to make it.

No comments: