Friday, January 29, 2010

Deep thoughts on a Friday

A very dear friend of mine has a two-year-old who's just had a brain tumor removed. They're waiting for biopsy results. I'm praying to every god I can think of.

Which makes me want to be all responsible and stuff and file a will and an advanced health care directive. Which makes me think I should get a life insurance policy, and maybe some supplemental long term care insurance, and I really hope nothing happens to me between now and the wedding because I still have no health insurance. And I really, really hope my soon-to-be-stepson will learn how to enjoy food that doesn't come out of a fast-food wrapper so that he can avoid overuse of said health insurance.

This thing with Pockets, and now this cancer scare, makes me want to round up all the people I care about and give them a really big, long hug.

No comments: