Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Great Road Trip of 2009

I'm behind on my blogging, I know. A situation soon to be remedied when I hit the open road. The cross-country drive has become a reality; I have a sublettor (sublessee?), a rental car, a GPS, a new camera, an iPhone, and the best road atlas money can buy. Plus an annual national parks pass that will get me into all the national parks for free. I figured out a route that will take me to all 48 states (plus Mexico and Canada!) and should deposit me back in New York at the beginning or middle of August.

I'll be updating from the road, natch; look for pictures from my fancy-pants new camera! I hope to hit the road next week--the first stop will be at my parents' for a few days, to drop off the cats, reacquaint myself with camping techniques, and attempt to talk my dad down off the ledge. He's freaking out--that's what dads are supposed to do, but I share all the same fears he has, which isn't so great for my peace of mind sometimes. However, everyone else thinks this is a fantastic idea (including me). I'm hoping I'll be able to shed some (figurative) baggage along the way, and come back to my life with a clear head in August. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

KB said...

YAY! How amazing!! Wish I had done this years ago... Take a zillion pics and keep a journal of it all for posterity!! Can't wait to read all about your adventures. Have fun!!