Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Hair Chronicles

I've had two full days off--in a row!--and I feel like a regular person again. I've almost recovered from last week's trauma, in which there were multiple highway accidents/construction incidents. On one memorable occasion, it took me two hours and ten minutes to get to work. It took me an hour and a half to get home, even in the middle of the night, thanks to lane closures/repaving on 95. By Sunday, I was ready to have a nervous breakdown.

But two days off goes a long way toward recovery.

In other news, I may have found a cure for frizzy hair.

Stay with me here.

I've stopped washing my hair.

My hair was getting super-frizzy lately. I'm not sure why; old age maybe? I noticed that when I got lazy and didn't shower for a couple of days, my hair got noticeably less frizzy, curlier, bouncier, and generally more attractive.

So I'm in the middle of an experiment, to see exactly how long I can go without washing it.

I'm still getting it wet every time I shower, and I'll usually get a good lather going on my bar of soap and then apply that to the roots. I brush it all the time, to move the oil from the roots to the ends, and once a week or so I give it a vinegar rinse.

But no shampoo and no conditioner.

It's smooth, glossy, insanely wavy, and has the most awesome bounce to it. I haven't noticed any downsides yet--no dandruff, no visible greasiness, and my husband swears my hair still smells normal.

Bonus: maybe I can stop buying shampoo and conditioner?

No comments: