Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer livin'

Life progresses. DH is still interviewing and looking for work, I'm still working 60 hours a week on my feet, we're still selling off furniture/rugs/household possessions a piece at at time. We went to New York for the day on Monday, and while the boys were sightseeing, I paid some much-overdue social calls. It was great to see old friends again.

It was also great to spend at least part of the afternoon at a bar, with an amazing bottle of wine, and a book. I sat at the bar, read my book, drank my wine, and was perfectly content while I waited for my friends. I really need to spend more days off like that.

We're spending most of next week in Virginia, with family and friends, so we'll both get some much-needed days off. Part of me wants to load up on really tasty wine, and spend my days drinking it in the sun there; but I also know I'm the only one who'll appreciate the wine, as my family and friends will be just as happy (if not more so) drinking PBR.

So if I don't post for a while, you know it's because I'm in Virginia, sleeping and eating and not being on my feet 60 hours a week.

No comments: