Friday, June 1, 2012

Mo' money mo' money

After the Tax Levy Debacle Part II, I spent the rest of the week under a dark cloud of financial dread.

Then I got my paycheck, and for once I was very pleasantly surprised.

So maybe we won't starve/have to declare bankruptcy after all.

Between my increased earnings, and hubby's unemployment (he qualified for the maximum; still unsure when that will kick in), and putting the student loans into forbearance, we should be okay. Fingers crossed no one gets hit by a bus, since we don't have any health insurance.

Work's going really well. Really, really well. I'm kicking ass and taking names, and they've noticed. The chef/owner told me he didn't care where my husband got a job, I wasn't leaving. They've also put me on for six nights a week until further notice. They've been really great through all of this, and I have to say I really enjoy what I'm doing there.

I hope we don't have to move and start over again somewhere else; but I don't have much say in that right now.

The best I can do is to get ready for any possible move (Step 1: Yard sale. Step 2: Get rid of all unnecessary crap. Step 3: Collect boxes.) and hope it's to a place where I can get a comparable job. So far DH has leads in Montreal, Seattle, San Francisco, Houston, southern California, and Eugene, Oregon. Of that list, I'm gunning for either Seattle or San Fran. I could make a retarded amount of money in either Seattle or San Fran.


No comments: