Monday, May 21, 2012

If it's not one thing, it's another

It's been a financially and emotionally trying week.

It's a long story, and I can't get into the details yet, but my husband's company couldn't make payroll last week. Hubby remains optimistic that this is a problem of cash flow, which will be resolved shortly; things look slightly better today than they did over various points in the weekend, but I'm still somewhere between "really nervous" and "freaking out."

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this situation resolves itself, that we can replenish everything we had to take out of the emergency fund to pay bills (which was everything), that we continue to get paychecks on a regular basis and that we don't have to sell everything we own and move again, to a new city/new jobs. Please God don't let us have to move again.

At least I had a rewarding week at work. I've been told by various managers that my sales are spectacular, that I'm doing a fantastic job. I've also been told that due to various people leaving, I'll be both working a lot more and taking home a lot more money. If we'll be earning two paychecks in the near future, that's great news, we'll be able to sock away all that extra money in the emergency fund to shore it up against future cash flow problems. If we're going to have to try to live off my paycheck...well, some bills are not going to get paid. There isn't any way around that. I hope it doesn't come to that.

In the meantime, I'm going to be making doctors' appointments for both of us, to get us caught up on basic check-ups in case something happens with the health insurance, and start making a list of everything we could sell to bring in some quick cash. Memorial Day yard sale, anyone?

No comments: