Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy anniversary to me! x 2

Today is both my two-year wedding anniversary, and the ten-year anniversary of my graduation from Columbia.

So, on the one hand, hooray for being married for two years, but on the other, what the f*ck have I done with my life?!

I'm told this sentiment comes naturally to anyone who's had a degree for ten years, but still. I'm feeling particularly morose today, since we're riding the razor's edge of financial doom; still no paycheck, and no word of when we might see one. So no celebrating either anniversary. And it's at times like these when you most wonder, "What dumb-ass decisions have I made to get me to this point, where I have no money?"

(I realize the answer is "None," since none of this crisis is our doing. This is purely the universe bitch-slapping us. But I miss my friends from grad school, and I haven't really used my degree since I got it, and the student loan payments on that degree will stretch on and on into infinity, and it's raining, and blah blah blah.)

So, if any of my fellow grads are reading this, let's have a reunion soon! Preferably at someone's apartment, so I don't have to pay for drinks at a bar.

No comments: