Thursday, May 10, 2012

The folks, marital discord, and work successes

Not my marital discord, don't worry. But a very dear friend of mine called the other day to discuss hers, and I may need to carve some time out of my schedule to go visit her. I need some girl time anyway.

My folks are visiting this weekend--I'm excited about taking them to dinner at my new restaurant, and my old one, and generally spending time with them.

In other news, my job is going better than I expected. I was told the other night that I had the second-highest sales of anyone last month, despite being new. In fact, the words the general manager used were, "freakishly high." Then I went on to have $3,500 in sales that night, including a $225 bottle of '98 Beaucastel, and brought in over $800 in tips. On a Tuesday night. So that was pretty awesome.

(I won't actually take home $800 in tips; it goes into the general fund and then gets divided out again according to an algorithm. But still.)

No comments: