Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The moving process continues

Sorry for lack of posting, I've been, you know, getting ready to move. We've signed a lease on the new place, and will begin moving in earnest in two weeks. I've been getting the house ready for the movers/packers, and working as much as possible.

But I haven't been earning nearly enough--I think once we move to Providence, I'll need to get a job at a fine dining restaurant, where I can make more money. We're also considering getting rid of one car--Providence has a decent enough public transportation system, and ridiculously high car insurance/property tax rates. With the car payment, gas, insurance, and new property tax rates, we're spending $600 a month on the Camry (more on the Prius, since its payment is higher) and that doesn't include maintenance. While I appreciate convenience, a $60 bus pass costs a lot less than $600.

Otherwise, nothing to report. Trying to wrap up gardening for the season; packing; working; getting excited about my upcoming trip to Virginia to see friends and go to a high school reunion thing.

Speaking of which, the dress code for the reunion thing is "party casual, no jeans." What the hell do I wear?

No comments: