Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's a small world after all

I ran into my new landlord at my new job last night. The one guy I know in Providence, and he shows up at my restaurant. Turns out he's a regular there. Cool, huh?

Speaking of the new job, things are looking up. My first day, Sunday, was dreadfully slow, and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make any money there. I'm still not sure exactly what my earning potential will be there (I'm training, and therefore not eligible for tips), but I really like the place. Great food, great cocktails, and best of all, they treat me like an adult. I get family meal, a shift drink, the chef says "try this" when he's experimenting, the bartenders say "try this" when they're experimenting, it's small enough to be intimate so I'm never running around like a chicken with my head cut off, there are no kids/teenagers, and the menu changes every night. In short, fine dining.

In other news, we begin the moving process this weekend. Pray for us.

No comments: