Monday, September 26, 2011

Back to fine dining

I found a new restaurant gig in Providence, not far from our new apartment. It's a highly rated gastropub, small, intimate, with a constantly changing fresh local menu and craft cocktails. It's almost exactly the kind of place I would have, were I to have my own place.

I started there last night--and while I love the place, it was a very slow night. I fear for my money-making potential there. I'm worried about money in general these days; last night I dreamed that I was hired for another administrative/corporate job, started, and was promptly fired. I realllllly don't want to go back on that particular firing line, but neither do I want to be making no money. (And my darling husband, whom I love more than life itself, insists on leaving all the lights on and waiting until the last possible second to buy gas--you know, the kind of behavior that costs money.)

Once again, I seem to only be interested in low-paying gigs.

No comments: