Sunday, September 11, 2011

Good moving news

We're going to look at a couple of apartments in Providence today. I spoke to the movers yesterday (my husband's company is providing movers, free of charge), and they can pack/load/unload everything, and we'll get it all the next day. Hopefully this will be a MUCH easier moving process than last year's, in which we had two and a half weeks to pack everything/move cross-country. I don't ever want to have to do that again. *shudder*

But if we don't have to pack this time around, that means I can spend my time looking at apartments/working instead of worrying about moving logistics, which is fine with me. Still waiting tables, my feet still hurt. Last week was abysmally slow, but last night was jumpin', so I'm hoping this upcoming week's tips will make up for last week's lack of them.

Side rant: you DO know to tip 20%, right? That's 20%. Not 10%. Or even 15%. It's 20%. If you can't afford to tip 20%, you can't afford to eat out.

Also, for whatever reason, I've been getting a lot of teenagers in my restaurant, and NONE OF THEM KNOW HOW TO TIP. Seriously, I'll get maybe 4 or 5 bucks on an $80 tab, all of which is cheese pizzas and soda.

Parents, PLEASE TEACH YOUR KIDS HOW TO TIP. I do not work for $2.83 an hour to provide constant Sprite refills to giggly teenagers, only to get stiffed on the tip.

Thank you.

Anyway, there's not much else to report. My husband will be working pretty much constant overtime between now and Christmas. I was planning a visit home in October for a high school reunion thing, but it looks like I'll be going solo, since he won't be able to get away. I'm working as much as I can, trying desperately to get at least one credit card paid off before my severance runs out. The garden is full of tomatoes, I'm hip-deep in tomatoes, I love tomatoes but damn.

Also, I know what day it is. I'm not talking about that. I'm going off-grid, like I do every year on this date, so I can (hopefully) avoid sobbing like a child. I hope you can, too.

No comments: