Monday, November 8, 2010

Birthday celebrations much better than actual birthday

I spent Saturday evening in Brooklyn, revisiting all (well, many) of my old haunts and seeing old friends. I also got to meet my husband's cousin, whom he hadn't seen in 20 years. It was great to get away and think about something other than home decor/renovations for a while.

We've gotten the two major furniture needs taken care of (desk and bookshelves); I'm attempting to bribe my parents into bringing up my grandmother's dining room table for Thanksgiving. After that, the rest of the furniture needs will have to wait until after Christmas. So if anyone has any furniture they need to get rid of...

Winter clothes will have to take priority in terms of purchasing power, as well. And then Christmas presents. And then Christmas transportation. At some point we'll have to buy firewood and fireplace tools so we can actually use our fireplace.

Whew, I'm getting tired thinking about it all. Just my luck our move would have to butt right into the holidays. I don't recommend it.

No comments: