Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Almost Thanksgiving, with no travel plans

This will be the first Thanksgiving in at least...four years that I didn't have hot and exciting travel plans. Last year, it was Joshua Tree/Yosemite/Big Sur. Year before that, Buenos Aires. Year before that, Rome. This year, we were originally planning to visit my sister in New Orleans. But due to move/new house/new jobs/not enough money or vacation time to make it happen, well, we'll have to wait until Christmas to see my new niece.

I'm definitely sad we won't be seeing my sister, and a little sad we won't be travelling anywhere, thereby breaking my streak. I will admit I'm looking forward to a long weekend. I'd be looking forward to it a lot more, if I were actually getting paid for it. The downside of highly paid-hourly temp work is unpaid holidays.

We've finished cleaning up the yard, and the house is in at least passable shape at this point. We put up the Christmas tree this weekend (my very first adult Christmas tree!!!!) and lit a (rather smoky) fire in our new fireplace. I'm pulling together an intimate Thanksgiving menu for two that we'll probably have on Friday, as we've been invited to a work thing/party on Thursday. Details later.

No comments: