Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas

Wow, has it been almost a week since my last post? I'm such a slacker. Sorry, guys.

A friend of mine recently commented on the fact that John hasn't shown up much in this blog. Don't worry, that's not a sign of trouble in paradise. Nobody wants to hear about our schmoopiness, but nobody wants to hear about domestic mundanities, either. Plus, he reads it, so I find it best to keep the really personal stuff off of there.

I will say that the other night, I had a dream in which I had a baby. Now, I've had dreams before where I was pregnant, but I think this is the first time a dream produced a babe-in-arms. I had a baby, I was holding out, and then I gave the baby to my dad to hold. He was ecstatic to be holding a grandkid, and I was pretty happy myself. Not weirded out, or trying to stuff my fingers in my ears, or holding the kid at arm's length to avoid spit-up. Doesn't take a rocket scientist there to figure that one out. I just can't decide if this is my long-absent maternal instinct finally making an appearance, or a sign of the apocalypse.

Speaking of the apocalypse, I officially have two (unpaid) weeks off for Christmas. We'll spend the first in Missouri with his family, and the second in Virginia with mine. Punctuated by A LOT of driving. I'm going to create a game called Holiday Bingo, with squares like I Have To Pee Again, Is There More Gravy?, Have You Gained More Weight?, I Wish You'd Taken That Teaching Job, and When Are You Going To Have A Baby? First person to get Bingo gets to stand up in the middle of dinner and randomly yell BINGO!

No comments: