Thursday, June 4, 2009

Savannah, GA and Tampa, FL

I left Charleston early this morning, intending to blitz Savannah on my way to Tampa. But it was pouring in Savannah, with a forecast for heavy rain all day, so I gave up pretty quickly. As soon as I stepped out of my car, I got drenched. So I headed directly to Florida instead. I took 95 down, so that I could get there as quickly as possible, but I'll stick to back roads from now on. The interstate is fast, but mind-numbing. Why is it that all truck stops look the same?

And P.S.: people in Florida canNOT drive. Nor are they aware of the correct usages of the left lane. Grrr.

I'll be staying here for a few days, visiting my oldest and dearest friend. No sightseeing to speak of, but I hope to get in some beach time. We're currently sitting on her deck, drinking wine and discussing mutual crushes. You know who you are!

1 comment:

Peggey said...

OMG!! John Cusack reads your blog?!?! Squeeeeeeee!!!