Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sante Fe, NM

Santa Fe, despite only having a population of 70,000-something, is a fun town to hang out in. A friend of mine from Columbia introduced me to some powerful New Mexican tequila, Navajo tacos (on fry bread instead of tacos), and the happening Santa Fe nightlife, which actually is pretty happening until it shuts down at 10 pm. Yesterday it rained all day; we managed to work in the farmer's market before the deluge began. We took in the new Jim Jarmusch movie and then decided to stay in and cook.

So I spent the evening hanging out with the resident artists of Santa Fe Art Institute, eating guacamole, buffalo burgers and key lime pie. In the process we depleted my wine reserves by approximately 1/3. An excellent time was had by all.

Today I say farewell to the Santa Fe International Hostel and head to Albuquerque, where the Utah portion of the adventure begins tomorrow. If my blogging is spotty/nonexistent next week, it's because I'm out in the canyon hinterlands with no wi-fi.

No comments: