Sunday, April 21, 2013

What a week

It's been an emotional roller coaster of a week. Everyone I know in Boston is safe, but the apartment I shared in December with my friend Lauren is right on the Watertown border.

I also officially finished training at my restaurant (finally), and am now officially working full sections five nights a week. I'm working two days a week at the bar down the street, with the promise of more days, which means doubles at least twice a week. Which is fine--all that work equals money. (But it also equals tired feet.) Between all this work and DH's new freelance gig, maybe we can finally get back on some sort of stable financial ground.

My sister and I have been talking around the idea of meeting up in Alaska at some point in late May/June. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it happen, but I've got visions of a great Alaskan road trip dancing in my head.

No comments: