Friday, February 15, 2013

Job developments

Instead of having one full-time job and one on-call-sometimes job, now it seems I have two on-call-sometimes jobs and one full-time job offer. The wine bar called me and said they didn't want me to work on call for the other restaurant, that maybe I should just work on-call for them as well. Which sounds to me an awful lot like, "I'm offended you want to work for someone else, even a little bit, so you can't work here too." That was two days ago and I haven't heard a peep since.

However, ANOTHER wine bar called me yesterday and offered me a real live full-time job. Which I'm taking. Hubs is leaving for Missouri tomorrow, to spend what time remains with his mom, and I'll be here all alone in a new city with no friends--so I'll need to work. A lot. Also, we need the money. We're also flying out my stepson for a long weekend, so he can spend some last time with his grandmother. Then I'll need to fly out, last-minute, when the time comes, and last-minute airfares aren't cheap.

So, fingers crossed this new job offer comes through, and I can start working/earning posthaste.

No comments: