Saturday, December 15, 2012

Updates

Not a lot going on these days. Working a lot, not cooking really at all, trying to work the kinks out of my back and neck from prolonged sleeping on an air mattress. I got my Christmas shopping done, though there wasn't much to begin with. I've also begun laying in a stockpile of bomb-ass wine from work, stuff that I fear will be difficult to find on the West Coast.

My temporary roommate and I are planning an Orphans' Christmas Day dinner, for people without familial obligations that day. It won't be a fancy dinner--I suspect it won't be any more complicated than roast chicken--but it will be a good excuse to drink some of that bomb-ass wine.

Hug your loved ones today. After yesterday's tragedy, compounded with the news that a very dear friend's marriage is on the rocks, I really really want to hug my hubby. He's very far away today.

No comments: