Monday, December 3, 2012

First day off, sans husband and cats

Random observations from this first weekend and day off, without my husband, my cats, or my apartment/stuff:

1. Sleeping on an air mattress sucks. SUCKS. I put a twin air mattress on top of the queen, to see if that would be any better. It's like 11% better. Very slightly, but not enough for me to get any kind of quality sleep. I'm going to be all knotted up and totally bitchy by the end of the month.

2. It's lovely not having to drive an hour each way to work anymore. But then, I have nothing to come home to, really. And it's not like I can get additional sleep, on an air mattress. I may have to start pretending I'm in college again: sleeping on the floor, no furniture, going out with work friends until all hours.

3. I'll be working, a lot.

4. I'm spending this first day off since the move quietly. Cooking (a big batch of tomato sauce and a veal and potato soup), editing scripts, reading. I may meet up with some friends later. I may sit on my ass all day. I'm making it up as I go along.

5. I miss my hubby. I get home from work now at a reasonable hour, ready to talk and hang out (instead of just fall instantly asleep), but there's no one to do it with. I hope he's having fun with his family.

No comments: