Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sailing


Yesterday we spent the morning sailing off Marblehead, MA. I think we've created a new generation of sailors.

Last summer I bought a thing off LivingSocial for a private chartered sailing lesson/tour, for up to six adults, with the intention of taking my stepson. There was a hurricane last summer, and other scheduling difficulties, and we were never able to use it. When my best friend and her 13-year-old son came to visit us this week, my original intent was to take everyone out to the Cape for the day, and possibly to NYC. But they've been traveling for the last month, and weren't too interested in long car trips.

So I got us all on the sailboat yesterday morning, and it was a huge hit. The two boys loved it, and have been pestering us for further sailing trips/sailing lessons ever since. The adults had a good time too--we drank beer at 10 in the morning, let the boys do the steering, and achieved a nice sunburn.

The rest of the visit was very relaxing--we didn't do much of anything, just sat around eating and drinking and watching movies and talking. I got three days off work, and now it's back to the grindstone.

For one day, anyway. Then tomorrow we head up to Montreal!

No comments: