Friday, August 17, 2012

My first cherry tomato!


Isn't it a beauty?

It almost makes up for the hour-and-forty-five minutes it took me to get to work yesterday.

Still no definitive news one way or the other on Silicon Valley. Today my stepson arrives for a two-week stay, and on Tuesday my best friend and her now-teenage-son will join us. So I'll be hosting two teenage boys. Yay me. I'm taking some days off work; we'll spend one of them at the Cape, one of them in NYC, and one of them just hanging around the house. After they leave, we'll take stepson to Montreal for a couple of days--his first trip out of the country! Then it's back to the grindstone for me.

So, yeah, commuting to work has been particularly gruesome lately. But one of my fellow servers also works for a nonprofit farm, and brings their produce to our kitchen. I asked him if I could purchase some of his super-cheap produce, as well, and he brought me a huge bag of stuff for free. I'm going to take him some banana bread and cookies in exchange. A big bag of zucchini, two eggplants, and a big bag of green peppers, all fresh-picked!

Also, I started washing my hair again. It wasn't noticeably greasy (I don't think) after two months of no shampoo, but it just felt weirdly gummy to me. It's clean now, which means it's frizzy again.

Oh, and we're getting a roommate for the month of September! A friend of mine recently returned to Providence, and she's staying with various people until she can get settled. I'm happy to have her--we're not using that spare bedroom, and we can certainly use a little extra money in exchange.

No comments: