Friday, April 20, 2012

Back to work

The good thing about being on vacation for a week is catching up on all your sleep.

The bad thing is that all your working muscles get soft and lazy.

My first night back at work after more than a week away was about what I expected. I made a few mistakes (nothing major), and I was dead tired by the end of the night. My leg/foot/back muscles were no longer used to the punishment that is working in a restaurant.

But the good news is that by next week, I'll be a full server. No more training for me! I'm graduating in the big leagues, where I'll be making the big money.

And not a moment too soon--this month has been particularly lean, what with missing a week of income.

Also, things are a lot easier now that I'm no longer temping mornings at the law office. I can get enough sleep, I can get things done around the house, I can eat a full meal like a normal person before I leave for work instead of having to eat on the run all the time.

No comments: