Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer's finally arrived

I think we had three Marches in a row, skipped April and May entirely, and went straight into June. After weeks of rain and more rain, it's been sunny, mostly clear, and in the 80s for the last week or two. We got a picnic table and citronella torches so that we can eat outside, and I'm scurrying to try to get the last of the seedlings planted (all tomatoes and peppers, at this point). Everything that's already in the ground is growing wildly; I swear I can sit and watch the green beans grow, they've shot up three inches in the last three days. I hope this means a really hot summer, and a bumper crop of vegetables.

Memorial Day weekend was very nice. An old friend from college came up to visit. The last time I saw her was at the wedding, and the last time I'd seen her before that was probably my college graduation, lo these many years ago. We had a great time catching up. Saturday night I had a dinner party with a bunch of people, Sunday we went into Boston and had a great meal (separate blog post on that later), and Monday we recuperated. I didn't get as much gardening in as I would have liked, due to hanging out with my visitor, but at least I managed to get the knee-high grass cut before she showed up.

I also got a credit card paid off. It was just a little one, but I finally feel like we're making progress with debt repayment. I cancelled it right away.

No comments: