Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finally, some actual travel on the horizon

"Actual" meaning "not a long weekend," "not related to moving," and "not involving family obligations in any way."

In late July, as I've mentioned, we'll spend a week at my sister's on the Gulf Coast, with several days in New Orleans. So, okay, some family obligations there, but note that the days in New Orleans will be in a hotel, on our own, eating/drinking/sightseeing to our heart's content. So more vacation than family.

But! Also! We'll be going to Costa Rica in November!

How awesome is that?

Even more awesome is that we cashed in a bunch of miles, so the airfare was essentially free.

That will be a) the first time my husband has ever been out of North America, b) the first time I'll have been out of North America since my trip to Buenos Aires, and c) a blessed return to the "travel internationally for Thanksgiving" tradition I started some years ago.

And as you also know, I've long had a pipe dream of cashing it all in and going to live in a container house in Costa Rica and raising chickens or something. Our vacation there will be like research.

No comments: