Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another snake

I saw another garter snake the other day, alongside the garage. He slithered away before I could chop him with my snake-killing hoe.

But I also saw the first little green tomatoes on my tomato plants. So that was pretty exciting.

We're taking our first major vacation next month. ("Major" being defined as "more than a long weekend.") Granted, it does involve family, and a place I've been to many times--but hey, it'll be ten days. We're driving down to New Orleans for my niece's first birthday. We'll spend some of that time with family at my sister's house (my parents are coming down, too); and some of the time in an actual hotel room, exploring New Orleans.

I love the Big Easy, but my husband's never been. So I'm excited to take him around to my favorite spots. I've got a whole list of restaurants and bars I want to hit while we're there. We'll also stock up on all the Gulf Coast specialities I can't get in Boston (gator sausage, grits, Abita beer, Zapp's potato chips, and so on).

Maybe I'll have harvested some actual tomatoes by then.

No comments: