Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy first anniversary to me!

Just think, a year ago today I was getting married. What a fun wedding that was!

And married life keeps getting better and better. Yesterday we saw Comedy of Errors in Boston, then had dinner at a pop-up restaurant (more on those later), and even did a little shoe shopping. For the both of us, not just me. I bought the first pair of heels I've bought since the wedding shoes.

The weather, as you may know, is dreadful. Cold, rainy, not spring at all. Did I mention the rain? I'm trying desperately to get some action out of my garden, but it's hard with no sun. I keep transplanting tomatoes into the yard, only to watch them turn yellow and shriveled. If we don't get some sun soon, I fear for my sanity.

Possibly the weather is affecting my cat, too. He's better, but still not 100%. I think it's hairball trouble.

We got the dates for my stepson's visit this summer hammered down, finally. There was quite a bit of drama around that. His mother and grandmother insisted that he had to participate in Junior Lifeguards, the dates of which took up most of the summer. They were trying to make us take 10 days with him instead of 38. I finally stepped in and took over negotiations--the threat of a lawyer was enough to make them knuckle under, I think. We'll get a month with him (early August to early September) and another three weeks at Christmas. It's also time to get a more specific visitation agreement in writing; I've drafted something, and if she balks, then it's time to lawyer up regardless. We're both tired of the endless back-and-forth with them.

So today I'll fix us a nice dinner, with a really good bottle of wine, and try to forget the weather.

No comments: