Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cape Cod


Yesterday DH and I explored Cape Cod, all the way up to Provincetown. I imagine it's a zoo in the summer, but in the off-season, it was quite lovely and not at all crowded. Of course, mid-October in Massachusetts is a bit chilly, especially at the beach.

We drove through many of the quaint little towns, explored the national park seashore, and stopped in Provincetown for some super-fresh seafood. DH had lobster, I had fresh Wellfleet oysters and halibut. Quite possibly the best oysters I've ever had. Combined with the fresh-out-of-the-tree maple syrup we'd had with our breakfast, DH declared it to be "one of the best food days ever." The sand dunes at P-town were beautiful and otherworldly, and combined with the deserted beach and cloudless sky, made me think about the end of the world (hey, I've been reading a lot of Stephen King lately. Give me a break.).

Otherwise, not much to report. Still interviewing a lot, and getting tired of it. Tried to talk myself into driving to Nashville next weekend for my uncle's big birthday party, and just couldn't stomach the thought of an 18-hour drive each way. Will comfort myself with some black bean and butternut squash chili later, though I'd rather be eating a bushel of Wellfleet oysters.

No comments: