Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thoughts on Providence, RI

Yesterday DH and I drove around Providence, to scout the area.

Here's my official response: Meh.

It's a cute town, with a lot of interwoven history, and there's a really exciting burgeoning food scene there. Plus a lot of crazy kids at Rhode Island School of Design. But it didn't have the character or energy of a big city like Boston. I still like Boston better. I'd still rather live there.

Fortunately, downtown Providence had juuuuust enough going on to make it at least palatable, if it came to that. If we lived right downtown, within easy distance of the various local-food restaurants, wine shops, cheese shops, bookstores, and Trinity Rep, and I could take the main commuter rail line to Boston every day, that might be okay.

No comments: