Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New York!


DH and I spent last weekend in New York. It was the first time I'd been back since I moved to California. The dramaturgy department at Columbia was having an alumni thing, so my friend L (who is getting her PhD at Harvard) and I roadtripped into town. It was also the first time all the dramaturgs from my year had been together in...three years? More? I figured since I was in town anyway, I might at well make a weekend of it.

I saw a bunch of old friends, and while I missed some people, I'm hoping to see them on the next trip. I walked all through my old neighborhood, saw my old apartment, had a drink at my old bar, explained the glories of Brooklyn to DH. I also took him to an underground restaurant event, his first. You can read about that tomorrow (I'll post the link); you can read about some of my favorite bars here.

It was expensive; it was exhausting; it was exhilarating (at least for me). And it was great to see everyone again. But you know what? I didn't feel a need to move back. Home is where my husband is.

No comments: