Monday, June 28, 2010

We got a new car!

Yes, we are now the proud owners of a metallic forest green 2011 Camry. We weren't really expecting to buy a car this weekend, we were just starting the shopping process, but the dealership was offering 0% financing for 60 months, plus 2 years free maintenance, PLUS $750 below invoice (not below MSRP--below invoice). Then they offered us $800 on the truck trade-in, so we hurried up and bought it before they realized that the truck was actually worth about $1.25. Consequently we weren't able to put as much down as I would have liked, but hey, it's 0% financing.

Now that the wedding and the car are dealt with, we can buckle down and start paying off some stuff. Hooray! Plus now we have a reliable means of transportation, and one that won't consume $120 worth of gas every month. Which means we'll be doing the cross-country cannonball run for Christmas this year again, and for pretty much every year in the foreseeable future. It's still cheaper than flying.

It was actually a pretty busy weekend. I started by hiking Torrey Pines State Park with some church ladies, and I can't imagine why I haven't been there before. It's really beautiful. I also saw two plays; reviews to be posted shortly. I feel all cultured and stuff. Plus car buying, plus farmer's market, plus all the other random weekend stuff. I'm glad there's a three-day weekend coming up. I really need to catch up on my sitting-around time.

No comments: