Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This house is PIMP

No, not my parents' house, where I was staying for the past few days. That's still small, in the country, and sans internet access and cell phone reception. My Man and Son flew in with me on Saturday to DC, whereupon we took the long and winding road (Route 15, to be exact) down the middle of the state and got many great views of cow pastures. We spent a few busy but good days there, getting some baking done, rounding up all the stuff we needed for the wedding, and catching up with my pregnant sister and her husband. (PS: she's not fat, despite all her protestations to the contrary.)

Then yesterday we drove up to Wintergreen, to the house we rented for the wedding. Dude. 6 BR, 5 BA, a full bar next to the 10-person hot tub--and when I say full bar, I mean full bar, complete with two wine refrigerators, an ice machine, a sink, and two TVs--a fire pit on the wraparound deck, a 96-inch projection screen, air hockey, ginormous kitchen, two laundry rooms, et cetera, et cetera. Definitely one of the nicest houses I've ever set foot in. I can't wait for the wedding.

Well, let me rephrase that. I'm having such a great time hanging out with everyone that I want to be able to slllloooooooooooowwww down this week and make it last about two months. I can't wait for Saturday, but after that, it'll all be over.

No comments: