Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

This is the last weekend we'll spend in our apartment as single people. Crazy, huh? I spent yesterday packing, and today I'm sure I'll just wander around trying to think of what I've forgotten. Our flight leaves bright and early on Saturday, so on Friday we'll actually spend the night in a hotel in Long Beach (courtesy of my soon-to-be-husband's ex-mother-in-law; is that weird? It seems weird to me, but he seems okay with it, and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth). Work has been very busy; I go into work every day hoping to get all this stuff done and then they actually expect me to do work at work. So unproductive.

Plus, let's be honest, there actually isn't that much that needs to be done between now and the time we leave. Return all the library books. Take out the trash. Do laundry and finish packing. Get some stuff for sandwiches to take on the plane. The rest of my time is spent checking and rechecking all the various lists, just to make sure I haven't forgotten something, and no one is interested in my paranoic obsessing. Except possibly my cats.

No comments: