Monday, March 8, 2010

Sharp knives + inattention = FAIL

I know to treat my very sharp, very professional knives with the utmost care and respect. Still. Apparently I wasn't paying quite enough attention at a key moment this weekend, (Warning: Gross Alert) because I managed to slice through my fingernail, into the finger underneath, and very nearly took off a good third of that fingertip. Never fear: the finger is still attached, no stitches were required, and after a couple days of that finger hurting like a motherf(expletive deleted)er, the pain seems to have died down to a dull roar. Now I'm worried that that fingernail will grow in all weird and look stupid in the wedding photos. Better that than missing a crucial part of the finger, but still.

In better news, I did a major reorganization/purge this weekend and feel much better about the world. I know, I'm a big nerd. But I still feel better for it. I liberated my entire CD collection, which has been entirely unused for a number of years. I kept backup copies of my iTunes collection on CD, you know, just in case, but now that I have a full backup on my external hard drive, the CD collection was just taking up space. A friend of mine from high school offered to give it a good home. The good people at the Goodwill also got a bunch of stuff. In the spirit of the thing, John helped give the apartment a good top-to-bottom cleaning. I realize now this is why people get married--things get done, but you don't have to do them! For the first time ever, I watched a man clean the refrigerator. It was awesome.

No comments: