Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My grandma is out of the hospital

Hooray! She's agreed, at least in principle, to go live with my uncle in Nashville. Let's hope she doesn't change her mind.

The weather has taken a definite summer-like turn. Winter in San Diego ("winter") is typically 60 degrees or so, with lows of 50, with occasional cloudy skies/rain. But this week the highs have rocketed to 75 (78 tomorrow! Woo!), meaning that even the nights are balmy. Coupled with the longer daylight hours, it feels like summer to me. I came home last night and cooked in the fading sunlight with all the windows wide open to catch the breeze. This morning as I was walking to work in a tank top and skirt, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the breeze was already at 70 degrees. I could see the desert mountains in the distance and I swear if I'd had a car at that moment, I would have played hooky and just driven...somewhere. Anywhere. Well, anywhere away from civilization. A day like today cries out for a fast car, a long unbroken stretch of deserted highway, and some good tunes. It's probably a good thing I don't have a car, I would have driven to the Grand Canyon or something today just because I could.

Weather like this is gonna stoke the wanderlust fires.

No comments: