Monday, March 23, 2009

Work is crazy

...as you might have deduced, given the date of my last post. The money is great, but working ten to twelve-hour days, every day, sucks. Essentially I have no more life during the week, which is why I had to cancel my Momofuku Ko reservation last week. It killed me to do it, but there was a bit of office chatter about how I wasn't staying late enough. Staying later was the political thing to do. Besides, I'd rather spend my money at the Cru wine tasting tomorrow, which I'm definitely going to, never fear.

Otherwise I don't have much to report. Work, work, more work. I spent the weekend recuperating both from that and from my sister's visit last weekend. That was great, but I slept on the sofa the whole time and so I was very happy to get my bed back. I discovered the existence of the Virginia Pork Festival in June--how I managed to miss that for 33 years is beyond me--and promptly booked a plane ticket home. I'm also headed back to the single world. The most recent interest is good on paper, but I just can't get into it and my head is in a completely different place right now anyway. However, I hope to practice my flirting skills at tomorrow night's wine event. I'm certainly not getting any practice anywhere else right now.

No comments: