Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Portland, OR



It's been a pretty good week with the boy. This weekend we hit Portland, OR, in a day trip, and the Cascades. We saw the Columbia River Gorge, Multnomah Falls, Powell's, and a couple of museums, and had a lovely late lunch at Tasty & Sons. The guys also got to see a couple of aviation museums in Everett, and went to The Root Beer Store. This weekend we're headed to Vancouver.

Outside of that, there's not much to report. I'm working, hubs is not, and we've stopped getting unemployment payments. Tomorrow my in-laws are renewing their vows on their 49th wedding anniversary; I tried desperately to find cheap flights to surprise them with our presence, but alas. In two weeks I'll be headed home, for a variety of events, and I'm excited about seeing everyone again. But I'm also worried about losing ten days' worth of income while I'm there.

No comments: