Thursday, November 1, 2012

Packing

Happy belated Halloween, everyone. I worked, and packed. I hope everyone rode out the storm okay--we didn't have any damage, and managed to keep our power on the whole time.

I'm just heartsick about the pictures coming out of NYC, though. I think all my friends are okay, but NYC was the first (and only, really) city I ever loved. And my home for ten years. I was thinking about going into the city for a day next week for my birthday, but I think I'll put that idea on hold for a couple of weeks. Driving an hour each way to work every day is a serious pain in the ass, but the transit system in New York is in a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I'm glad I'm not dealing with that right now. My heart goes out to those of you who are.

We've been packing, and selling things we're not taking, and packing some more. I may be able to get everyone into the one shipping container, but I'll have to jettison some things and do some creative packing. I think I'll visit my folks in Virginia for Thanksgiving, and take them a load of stuff to store for me.

In the meantime, more of the same. Packing, eating up what's left in the pantry, selling things on craigslist. Rinse and repeat.

No comments: