Friday, November 16, 2012

Packing is done!

Oh my goodness, has it been a week since my last post? I'm so boring these days.

But I managed to finish packing. So we're packed. I finally replaced my POS laptop (goodbye, 2006 technology!) with a brand-new POS. I've spent the last couple of days getting the new one situated, transferring files, etc. Transferring a 20,000-song iTunes library is a giant pain in the ass, by the way. We took a moment to see the new James Bond movie, courtesy of a birthday Fandango gift card.

So now that we're packed, it's just dealing with moving administrivia, and prepping to spend Thanksgiving with the fam in Virginia. It'll be my only holiday celebration this year, since I'll be working all through Christmas and New Year's.

I'm starting to get a wee bit excited about moving, now that the packing is done. Once our stuff is away, I suspect I'll be even more excited. We all know how much I love cross-country driving; visions of the Rockies, Utah, and long open highways are dancing in my head.

No comments: