Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's official: we're moving



Seattle, here we come!

Send beer and raincoats.

I have officially informed our landlord and my work. We've reserved a cube from UPack for the dirty business of getting our stuff from here to there (bonus: no one has to drive a moving truck across the Rockies in January, AND IT'S CHEAPER. Let's just hope we can keep everything to one cube), we've started culling and packing, and we'll sell off the rest of the furniture and one car.

We sold the sofa yesterday. Our living room is a little bare.

We're also drinking up the last of the random weird things in the liquor cabinet, eating up all the random oils and vinegars and spices in the pantry, and setting aside some things to live in my parents' garage for a bit. Until we move back to the East Coast again, anyway, which based on recent history, will probably be next year.

I think I'm excited. Right now my brain is full of everything that has to happen between now and then, and of course I'm worried about money and how quickly at least one of us will be able to find a job out there. But I really liked Seattle when I went through on the road trip, and Hubs is very much looking forward to getting out of here.

Everyone, keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: