Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Basil juleps, baby drool, and sunburn

That pretty much sums up my vacation so far.

The plane ride down was fairly uneventful, though I am reminded of why I hate flying so much. (Not the flying part; the airport part is what pisses me off.) The weather here is gorgeous, 85 degrees and sunny. We went to the beach yesterday--a completely deserted white-sand beach--and got sunburned for our trouble. I'm spending quality time with my sister, my two-year-old niece, and my new six-month-old nephew. He's cute as a button, though I've already gotten spit up on, drooled on, and pooped on.

Hubs received a test for a position with a company in Poland. Talks continue as to whether we might move down to NOLA temporarily, or simply move closer to my job in Boston. We haven't come to any consensus yet--I'm torn, myself--obviously my sister is lobbying heavily for moving to her neck of the woods.

For now, though, we're relaxing, sleeping a lot, drinking a lot of basil juleps and Abita beer, and enjoying being with family. DH's birthday was yesterday, and it was a good one for him.

No comments: