Friday, March 18, 2011

I have been doing things other than gardening, and thinking about gardening

OK, not really. My life's been pretty routine lately, which is why there hasn't been much of note on this blog. I go to work, work is good, I come home, I eat dinner, I watch a movie or something, I go to bed. Rinse and repeat. I'm ready for spring, but I think I've covered that. I'm hoping to get the cold crops planted outside this weekend; but the temperatures are supposed to drop into the 40s, so maybe that will have to wait.

We had the neighbors over for our first dinner party, which was very nice. Lovely people, and I felt so civilized, eating good food with fellow adults, using matching silverware and wine glasses. I spent all those years in New York building up sets of 12, in hopes of one day doing the kind of entertaining that would require sets of 12: china, red and white wine glasses, dessert wine glasses, champagne flutes, silverware, napkins, napkin rings, ramekins, espresso cups, steak knives, blah blah blah, not to mention the serving bowls and platters and pitchers and candlesticks and whatever to accompany all that. Naturally it all collected dust under my bed in New York, as I did not have the space for such entertaining.

But now! I do! With a table that will seat 12!

So seriously, please invite yourself over for dinner at your earliest convenience. I'll be tickled to use all that stuff, we'll all eat and drink well, and it's not like I have anything else going on these days.

A few updates:

I think the snow has now, finally, all melted.

Still taking the hormone-regulation pills which are supposed to lead to regular ovulation which may one day lead to pregnancy. So far as I can tell, neither regulation nor pregnancy has occurred. But at least I'm not having crippling stomach pains from the pills anymore.

My hubby went in for an invasive but routine medical test yesterday. Everything was fine. (We weren't worried, just one of those things you have to do when you get old. Still, glad everything was fine. I love my hubby.)

We have movement on the debt repayment front! I was able to officially cross two debts off the list this month, and God-willing-and-the-creeks-don't-rise I'll have another crossed off the list by this time next month. We were treading water for so long that even this small movement, with small debts, is very encouraging. I'm allowing myself to now daydream in earnest about the family compound, because maybe one day we'll actually be able to afford something of the sort.

(Granted, my daydreams involve buying a big piece of land and then inviting everyone to come build their own house on it, not buying an expensive Kennedy-esque thing with houses already built.)

I want my friends to come visit me.

That is all.

No comments: